Our club new website is now live, rebuilt in new technology and with a new 24x7x365 hosting provider.
The new site provides all of our visitors with:
- Weather information, including a local York webcam, XC Weather forecast and local area NOTAMS and TAFs
- Airfield information including plates, airfield flying orders and PPR details
- News, views and many wonderful photos from our members’ flying travels
- Maps and directions for those travelling by road
- Information and contact details for our flying schools, mechanics and hangarage
- Posts from our Facebook Group, for those who don’t like the dreaded F-word!
In addition to these parts of our site, our club members can log in to:
- Look at our online security cameras and check video footage
- Post their own articles, news, views and photos of their flying exploits
- Comment and discuss other members posts
- Chat online with other members – arranging flying trips and discussing airfield matters
- Share their favourite web sources
- Store and share all of our club administrative documents
- Share information on a wide variety of topics
- Set up and vote on polls to do with our club
- Search our directory of members, including useful and relevant information
- Sign up for and receive email notifications of topics that they want to keep abreast of.
Our members also have access to mobile versions of our website, and a native app for Android devices. An iOS app may follow.
The new site takes your online security and privacy seriously, and therefore:
- No data is shared with other organisations
- The site is private, on our own hosting environment, not a Yahoo or Google group – we control our own data
- All registered members have control over their own data and can delete anything they have posted, and can completely delete their own accounts in just a couple of clicks
- Email updates are opted in and under the control of our users, so we don’t flood our spam filters!
If you have any feedback, ideas, or concerns, please use the Contact Us link on the menu to let us know.